Monday, May 14, 2012

Sonia Rykiel


I got a Sonia Rykiel trompe l'oeil sweater at a vintage sale a month or so ago.  This evening, I was browsing online to find out if I might have gotten a good deal on my sweater and I found this photograph of this insane portrait dress. I thought you should see it, too.  

In a mid '90s edition of Who's Who In Fashion Sonia's Paris apartment is described as "mostly black accented with neon lights and a menagerie of stuffed animals." I thought that seemed entirely believable. 

Here's something else that Sonia Rykiel designed. 


Here she is. 


She brings over-processed, very dry, ratted hair to a new level of chic. Awesome, non

[images: 1, 2, 3.]

5 comments:

  1. How does one launder such an outfit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have to wash the dresses with a shampoo plus conditioner laundry detergents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cowlicks and cameltoe....a veritable hobby farm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That camel toe is pretty extreme.

    ReplyDelete