Sunday, December 3, 2017

The Girl from UNCURL

Before The Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie, The Man from U.N.C.L.E. was a popular TV series that ran from 1964-1968. A spin-off from the series was The Girl from U.N.C.L.E.

In The Man from U.N.C.L.E. televison series, David McCallum played a spy, Illya Kuryakin...


According to this site, "Illya's black turtleneck and hairstyle became fashion icons as seen in the extensive coverage by magazines like GLAMOUR.
Clairol hair products, not be left in the dust, repackaged their hair straightener as Clairol's U.N.C.U.R.L." ...



U.N.C.U.R.L.:
Unbeatable
New
Conditioner &
Uncurler for
Relaxing
Locks

2 comments:

  1. Oh did I adore Illya. And I know I bought UNCURL. I had the antithesis of McCallum's hair & longed for locks that might fall onto my forehead.
    None of that shit worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Mr McCallum still has his hair. I wonder if it is the same story for the users of this "product"..? Jx

    ReplyDelete