Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Elvis

On this, the 76th birth anniversary of Elvis Presley, The Hair Hall of Fame is proud to present…

A SAMPLE OF HAIR FROM ELVIS PRESLEY!

[via]

A sample of hair from Elvis Presley was displayed at the Leslie Hindman auction house October 15, 2009 in Chicago, Illinois. The hair was auctioned October 18th along with other Elvis memorabilia from the collection of Gary Pepper; a long-time Elvis friend and president of one of his first fan clubs. The hair which has an auction estimate of $8-12 thousand is believed to be from Elvis' Army haircut.

5 comments:

  1. I will need a couple strands for DNA testing as I believe that he may be related to me in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Margaret: Perhaps you're kissin' cousins.

    Which, coincidentally, is on TCM as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Margaret, I believe I'm related to Elvis also. And I'm from Mississippi. Perhaps we are related as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Norma, you don't really? Yes you DO, don't you?

    AyeM8y, is this "everyone thinks they're related to Elvis" the new "everyone thinks they can trace their roots back to the Mayflower?"

    ReplyDelete