Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sharmella does it again!

"Fatty, Fatty two by four," we thought we heard her sing ... oh dear, we told her to be-have! And now it's all over the news! Names and locations changed to try and stop the protesters outside of our door.

Michelle Fonville said her experience at _________ turned from pleasant to painful in a matter of moments.

“I was humiliated. I almost cried. Tears were forming in my eyes,” said Fonville.

She said things went downhill on Monday after the salon manager gave her the bill for her manicure, pedicure and eyebrow arch.

Fonville realized that she had been overcharged by $5.

“I said, ‘I’ve been overcharged. She may have made an error,’” said Fonville. “She broke it down, then told me she charged me $5 more because I was overweight.”

Fonville said she couldn’t believe what was happening and recounted the experience with Channel 2 Action News reporter Eric Philips.

“I said, Ma’am, you can’t charge me $5 more. That’s discrimination because of my weight,” said Fonville.

Sharmella told Philips that the surcharge was due to costly repairs of broken chairs by overweight customers. She said the chairs have a weight capacity of 200 pounds and cost $2,500 to fix.

“Do you think that’s fair when we take $24 [for manicure and pedicure] and we have to pay $2,500? Is that fair? No,” Sharmella told Philips.

Sharmella said she refunded the $5 surcharge, and told Fonville to take her business elsewhere.

“I didn’t want to argue with her about $5. I wanted to make her pleased with her service,” Sharmella said. “I screamed … I said, ‘I’m sorry, next time I cannot take you.'”

“The word has to get out there that these people are discriminating against us because of our weight. I mean come on, we’re in America. You can’t do that,” said Fonville.








5 comments:

  1. Oh that Sharmella! Stealing tips, painting nail tips and now giving weight tips, “Take your business elsewhere!”

    ReplyDelete
  2. just tell 'em to bring their own chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People - evidently there is a need! I could not find ONE biatric salon chair for sale online. Even LARGE people deserve to be treated like paying customers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muslim, Gay, Immigrant, Obama, Black, People on Public Assistance, The Overweight...

    So, is this the summer of hate, or what? I'm getting sick of this people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. paying for normal wear and tear to shop furniture should be charged to ALL SALON CUSTOMERS, not just fat people. The last time I looked, my butt was not the only one sitting in those chairs, so you can't tell how much damaged I did compared to miss anorexic can you? More likely this owner buys cheap furniture. Good grief, a fat charge? And exactly what is her weight specification for being overweight? Does she weigh customers too?

    ReplyDelete